Thursday, August 9, 2012

Von Roader

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXiEuRv2dt8

There are few bands that force my immediate attention, and most of the time it's short lived. Two weeks ago, my homie, Jeremy Davis of ATX Music Mag invited me to one of his show cases at an unlikely venue, so I thought, for nothing other than 90's spring break hip hop and a fraternity
'grab ass' session. Holy shit! was I wrong. ... kudos brother. Down stairs was some what,... what I expected, but less spring break, and more laid back. Sure, there were the expected late office partyers, stumbling and bumping into each other on a breakfast table sized dance floor, but upstairs was a different story. I showed up with a meager entourage of two friends, sweating bullets from the mid August, Austin humidity. What we walked into was nothing short of an experience that has etched itself into my memory for an eternity. (ok,...that maybe an over exaggeration). The first band was one that I'm familiar with. No Holiday, consist of good friends of mine, including Rex, and Chris, who are in my band, Coppola. The next performance,.... getting to the point, ..Von Roader! Holy shit! 3 guys, one on key board and drum program, one on bass, and the other on lead guitar/vocals. Marcus, focused on his lyrics, let loose in to a fluid, yet mechanical movement that seemed to be directly connected to the PA system. Just as fluidly, he would ease back to the microphone and bleed your attention dry. After the first 4 minutes minutes, caught up in the show, I looked around and realized I was in the middle of the dance floor and every one around me had 'flowed' into the vibe and were dancing as if they had been moving components of this spectacle all along.
Standing ovation from GRIDLOX, Von Roader!


Von Roader

No comments:

Post a Comment