Sunday, August 26, 2012

AUDIO STIMULATION


      Many words come to mind when I think about the band, Tiny Purple Fishes;… soulful lyrics, incredible melody, intoxicating rhythms. … But one thing I cannot do is compare their music to anything I’ve ever heard.  I’ve listened to W.Y.S.T.F.L.T  a hundred times, and I’m always left in a happy trance, but frustrated, because my brain wants to recognize it. They’ve played a couple of Gridlox shows, and I’ve had intentions to ask what their influences are, but because they are also good friends of mine, the professional side of me clocks out, and I succumb to hugs, pitchers of Lone Star, and shooting the shit with my homeboys from the Valley.
       Last weekend, T.P.F. played my showcase at Mister Tramps with Von Roader,…perfect combination! Not to mention the fact that Marcus,(singer for Von Roader) and Adam, (singer/drummer for T.P.F.) knew each other from work, but never had the opportunity to get to know each other musically. This show was a beautiful marriage of euphoric rhythms, incredible personalities, and bronzed smiles.
      T.P.F.  Will creep up on your audio senses, blissfully and finish with an explosive finale of uncontrollable, rhythmic motion and happy chills.
Cheers to my boys from BrownTown, Abel, Adam, Bobby, and Iram. You guys make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment